Quality Systems, Facilities & Capabilities
DeYoung Mfg., Inc. has continuously produced custom magnetic products for the aerospace, computer, industrial, medical, telecommunications, and test and measurement sectors of the electronics industry since 1972.
Our modern manufacturing facility includes approximately 12,000 square feet of manufacturing space, where efficient equipment and techniques are used to produce competitive electro-magnetic products. Sizes produced range from miniature to 1.5KVA (30lb approx. weight). Common production runs range from 1 to 30,000 per year. With its extensive production and engineering expertise, effective quality control and positive customer relations, DeYoung Mfg. is able to maintain a stable work environment. And because our facility is family owned and operated, we’re uniquely positioned for steady growth through the unpredictable ebb and flow of a global economy.
The quality system at DeYoung Mfg., Inc. meets or exceeds the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 Rev. C.
A culture of quality
Our culture of quality goes back to founder Malcolm DeYoung, who was once a BSEE design engineer at John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc. and also worked as a quality manager at an aerospace electronics manufacturing company. Our commitment to doing the right thing is ingrained in every aspect of our business and ethical business practices.
Facilities and capabilities include:
- Two BSEE experienced design engineers.
- MRP based production control and cost reporting system.
- All products are 100% tested and guaranteed.
- Over 20 precision bobbin-winding machines, round and shaped wire plus foil windings are typically in production. (AWG #8 to #44 all temp classes)
- 4 high speed shuttle and 6 manual pull toroid winding machines.
- Hand and flow solder capabilities, both through hole and SMT.
- Extensive custom tooling, for both winding and assembly.
- Vacuum impregnation, coating and encapsulation capabilities supported by substantial oven capacity allows flexibility in production schedules.
- DeYoung Mfg.’s test and measurement equipment capabilities include inductance, resistance, excitation current, capacitance, frequency, and hi-pot. ATE systems allow efficient 100% end-item tests to customer specified parameters, with SPC data capture option.
- Thermal shock and cycling equipment for qualification and accelerated aging processes.
- DeYoung Mfg. offers custom solutions to insure reliable product delivery to our customers.